Monday, October 09, 2006

Mind the Gap

Yesterday, I went to the Gap to look for some jeans. After trying on about a dozen jeans, I finally got into a pair I thought looked pretty good. I wanted a non-salesperson's opinion; so I asked the teenage girls in the adjacent dressing room. One of the teenagers tugged on the side of my jeans indicating that since she could grab some fabric I might want to go down a size. Now wait a minute? I barely got into this size. Oh my gosh. Since when did wearing way-too-tight pants become a way of dressing. I said a quick "Thanks" and scampered back to my dressing room. Note to self: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Join the conversation. What denim lines do you like? Simply click on the "comments" section under each post to write your responses. Blog over and out, Dena

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gap's merchandising looks like a rummage sale. I am not a jean person. My last pair of jeans were a casual soft Liz Claiborne. I have yet to find a replacement and that was 10 years ago!
jm