Sunday, January 21, 2007

Spirituality Quote

I like to think of spirituality as a prayer elevated to a lifestyle. It is not formal, devotional prayer; it is an awareness of the Spirit of God alive and active within my soul, wherever I--soul and body--may be. It is a sense of God present to me here and now, at my side, in these circumstances. Faith is the act by which I entrust myself to God; spirituality is the breathe-in, breathe-out environment in which that trust plays itself out in daily living.

No one, however, goes to God alone. Spirituality is not solipsism. Ignatian spirituality. . . opens the eyes of the believer to the needs of others and thus impels the believer to become a man or woman for others.
This beautiful quote is from Father William J. Bryon, S.J. Read his book, Jesuit Saturdays: Sharing the Ignatian Spirit with Lay Colleagues and Friends. Dressing modestly is a lifestyle choice. Do you agree?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great quote!

R.