Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Halloween Gone Wild!

Where have all the wholesome, modestly-priced costumes gone? You can't walk down an aisle at the Halloween Superstore without being assaulted by adult images. Why is it that an adult model is being used to market a kid's sailor costume? Why can't retailers segregate the adult costumes from the wigs, masks, make-up and accessories? I overheard one mother tell her kids, "Blinders! Don't look," as she raced to grab a wig. Why are we trying to make our children "sexy"? I wish I knew how to sew. I love Allison Glock's blog entry, Halloween on Heels.
Need some inspiration? Check out Costume Idea Zone. My favorite ideas from this site include: Dress Like You're in an iPod Commercial. Dress in all black, and use black make-up to cover exposed skin. Carry around an iPod and dance wildly. I also think the Chia Pet idea is hysterical. Wrap yourself in duct tape so the sticky part is facing out, then roll around on the lawn. Submit a post about your Halloween shopping experiences. Or email me at faithinfashion@comcast.net.

No comments: