Sunday, December 10, 2006

Shopportunistic!

I've just finished reading [How To Be a Retail Revolutionary] Shopportunity! by Kate Newlin. Top three ideas include:
  1. Buy what you love.
  2. Kick your addiction to price. Calculate value beyond price. Get out of the habit of buying mindlessly. Buy better, buy less.
  3. Invest in relationships. Find a salesperson who "gets you" and stick with him/her.
If I buy (everything) that I love (#1), I'll violate #2. As far as idea #3, I think most sales today feel very transactional. Do you have a "relationship" with a top-notch salesperson? Not a personal shopper. I'd check this book out from the public library; however, I wouldn't buy it for myself (see idea #2). Blog over and out, Dena

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Buy ONLY what you love, not everything you love. I.e., if you don't love it, don't buy it.