- Know your body type. Look in the mirror and evaluate your form. Are you curvaceous? Or do you have long limbs and a lean torso? Accept what's right in front of you in the mirror.
- Everything you buy off the rack will not fit you perfectly. Get a tailor! An outfit that fits looks classier and more elegant.
- Edit down your wardrobe. Get current! When you're confident that everything in your closet fits, dressing quickly and well is a lot easier.
- Opt for quality over quantity of goods. Value is comprised of two components: price and usage (number of times an item is worn). Don't just buy something because it's on sale!
- Shop in stores that have liberal return policies like Nordstrom's. Every modestista has the right to change her mind about the suitability of a piece post-purchase.
- Splurge on the timeless basics. Funk up simple outfits with great jewelry and shoes.
- All skin tones are not created equal. Don't wear colors that make you look pale or washed out.
- Don't forget good posture. Proper posture makes everything look better. You're instantly thinner in 2 seconds! Sigourney Weaver has great posture; Mary-Kate Olsen does not.
- Shopping is an activity; selection is an art. Choose wisely. Know what your lifestyle needs are and shop smart.
- Think outfits, not pieces. To extend wardrobe pieces , think about what you can mix and match. 1/2. Confidence is your best accessory!
Saturday, November 04, 2006
10 1/2 Guidelines for Hip, Modest Dressing
My top 10 1/2 guidelines for dressing stylishly and appropriately are:
Posted by Dena at 6:54 PM